Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooklands Mini Day - Saturday 22 March

Go down

Brooklands Mini Day - Saturday 22 March Empty Brooklands Mini Day - Saturday 22 March

Post by Caroline Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:25 pm

I really enjoyed this event last year and am planning to go again this year.  Does anyone else fancy it?

It's an amazing place, they have Minis parked on the old racing track which was the world’s first purpose-built motor racing circuit.  You can enter your mini for the test hill weather permitting (I entered mine last year as it was free to do so, but it was snowing that day so she didn't make it and when I saw the hill I was rather scared and frankly thought better of it).  There's the motor museum at Brooklands - which houses all sorts of motor cars, race cars and other forms of transport.  There's also a big aviation section as I think it used to be a Vicker's factory, and that is why they track was bombed.

Entry to the museum is £11, and it's a charity.  Next door is Mercedes-Benz World, which is basically a big showroom with lots of extras like a Cinema, exhibits and it offers some driving experiences.  Merc World is free to enter.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/brooklands-mini-day1/

The website says it is open as usual despite the recent flooding in that area.
Caroline
Caroline

Female Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down