Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How should the Italian Job really end?

4 posters

Go down

How should the Italian Job really end? Empty How should the Italian Job really end?

Post by Keith Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Apparently the Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for feasible solutions to Charlie Crocker's dilemma at the end of the film. Win the competition and you could receive a three-night stay (yes, 3!) in Turin.

Details here
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

How should the Italian Job really end? Empty Re: How should the Italian Job really end?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 pm

They made an alternate ending didnt they? scratch

Back to top Go down

How should the Italian Job really end? Empty the end to the italian job

Post by wingnut Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 pm

as you say the script end of the job was
the crew all got to the swiss bank . banked all the gold , but as they walk out of the bank ( wide angle view } the mafia circled the whole sq with the bank in t middle . Charly then held the paying in slip in his hand and said " if we cant have it then no one will " and then with a cigerett lighter burnt it. i think this info was on channel 4 and on a vidio
if any of this aint true i dont care Very Happy
wingnut
wingnut
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

How should the Italian Job really end? Empty Re: How should the Italian Job really end?

Post by johnnie Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Another ending was planned that had the crew getting back to England only to be told to take the money back as Mr Bridger had "done a deal" with the Italians
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Ahead of the results of the competition I mentioned in the first post (Jan 8th), Michael Caine has told of 'the real' ending:-

BBC News
Keith
Keith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:16 pm

bit of an anti climax really.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:54 pm

Thats not really the ending.
If the planned sequel had been made it was ONE of the options for the start. It involved them getting off the coach but the gold falling to the watching Mafia.
The Italian Job 2 was ment to be the story of them trying to recover the stolen gold from the Italians again.

One of the big clues to considered alternative endings is the fuss Charlie makes sending his girlfriend on the airplane to Switzerland. Although this is never followed up in the released movie.
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 pm

The Royal Society of Chemistry are going to announce the winner opf the competition on Friday, but they've already released details of the 5 finalists:-

Clicky!

Remember, this is not what the film makers planned but what scientific possibilities there are for solving the problem. This is no more apparent than in one of the supposed solutions which involves building a particle accelerator to create a small black hole which would 'pull' the bus back on to the road...
Keith
Keith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm

The Royal Society of Chemistry have annouced their winner and his solution: link
Keith
Keith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down