Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Mini's - out on the coast :)

4 posters

Go down

New to Mini's - out on the coast :) Empty New to Mini's - out on the coast :)

Post by robsayles Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi,

Just got myself a Rat Mini Flame (I think this was bbqben's, he posted here: https://nmoc.forumotion.com/t2150-hi-guys)
It's gone for MOT (failed pretty badly, lots of welding to do!) but hope to have her running soon.
Gonna keep her ratty, get the shell solid, redo engine electrics/cooling system/gaskets & seals; she'll then be my Sheringham > Norwich commuter and also learner car for my 16 year old who'll be 17 in September.

Probably need lots of help along the way; had old Morris Minors in my youth, up through Fiesta XR2's to Audis, Alfas, and Scoobies - now it's back to good solid(?!) simple cars Smile

Cheers
Rob

robsayles

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

New to Mini's - out on the coast :) Empty Re: New to Mini's - out on the coast :)

Post by Keith Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Welcome to the forum Rob!

XR2 eh? that's a blast from the past!

Maybe see you at a meeting soon, or on one of the runs - I'm guessing the Mini won't be ready for Gumball on Easter Sunday, but maybe for the Cromer Crab run and Mini Day at the start of June?
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

New to Mini's - out on the coast :) Empty Re: New to Mini's - out on the coast :)

Post by norfolkminis Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Welcome to the forum mate. Hope to meet you and the rat soon

craig
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Welcome!!
Dan
Dan
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1479
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by robsayles Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 am

Cheers guys; would love to do the Cromer event, what's the date?

robsayles

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm

The Cromer Crab Run is a run we hold the day before Norfolk Mini Day (So Saturday June 2nd this year, Mini Day is June 3rd) and goes from Fakenham Racecourse (where we hold Norfolk Mini Day) to Cromer and back. Entry is £5 or free if you're camping at the racecourse for Mini Day. More details can be found in the Mini Day forum.
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by robsayles Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Cheers Keith; think our band are playing that weekend (esp the 3rd; that's Jubilee Day in Sheringham/Cromer), so will try to get along Smile

robsayles

Back to top Go down

Post by robsayles Mon May 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Finally got the Rat up & running; major headgasket blow out, fingers now shredded but she's running!
Any Club meetings out on the coast soon? Would love to come & say hello Smile

robsayles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down