Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birmingham Mini Show - 15th June

+2
lornaluft
norfolkminis
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Birmingham Mini Show - 15th June - Page 2 Empty Re: Birmingham Mini Show - 15th June

Post by lornaluft Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 pm

sorry guys but we have to drop out. Hubbys up to his neck in work this weekend due to his 2nd chefs father dying!
oh well hope you all have a great time - wish I was there!

lornaluft

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Mini Show - 15th June - Page 2 Empty Re: Birmingham Mini Show - 15th June

Post by norfolkminis Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:16 pm

no worries. thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you'll be able to make some of the other local shows comming up.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Birmingham Mini Show - 15th June - Page 2 Empty Do we risk it???

Post by norfolkminis Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:52 am

Due to the stupid panic buying of fuel do we risk driving to Birmingham tomorrow???

The current situation at my local petrol station is 5+ cars at each pump as of 9am this morning Shocked

What do people think???
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:24 am

Ok people.

Just been speaking to Johnnie on this subject. We have decided to still go ahead with the drive to Brum, but we will just have to make maybe 1 extra fuel stop just to keep topped up. Smile

We normally all fill up at Barton Mills, then at Kettering. Then normally the same on the way home. It maybe worth squeezing another stop in as we leave the show.

If anyone doesnt want to make this journey, due to the strike please give me a call on 07920194373 so we dont waste time waiting in the morning.

thanks
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Well the NMOC had a clubstand of 4 cars in the end. Thanks to Johnnie, Chendie and Danny.

Shame you couldnt make it Shaun, hope you managed to get the car sorted?? There was a black roof chop Mini in the concours (but not a very good one!!, see photos in Gallery)

Craig
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Finally got the car sorted at 10.. Bit late by then so I opted to go an help another fellow mini nut in need (PINKLE).
Would have been great to make the show too.

I think the chop needs to be used more often, It seems to eat carbs for whatever reason.
Gonna get an Avonbar unit i think and some nice elastic trickery for the ignition.

What was the turnout like?

That camera van was still there at 11:30 Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:32 pm

That black roof chop looks really good.
Not as low as mine but with the kit it seems much wider.

I like it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 am

I hope you all had a good time.
From your NMOC correspondent in the north sea.
P.S wots this about a camera van ?
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:21 am

I liked the black chop a lot.

It was a fair turn out in Birmingham, considering it was head to head with another large-ish show. I think maybe the fuel shortage scaremongering may have put a few off (who knows)

The BMC seemed genuinely pleased we'd made the effort and turned up. And, there were quite a few comments about "all the way from Norfolk" from people passing the club stand. (A lot of those may have been directed in Chendis cars direction bless it)

We had dramas 3 miles from home, when a stone took Chendis windscreen out. A bloody scary moment for her and her mate, but, she handled it well, and we got her home. Craig (star that he is) managed to find us a screen (big thanks mate) and I fitted it this morning so Chendi could get to work. Unfortunately the seal is absolutely shagged in the corners so it’s going to leak like a very leaky thing, with a hole in it. I'll see how it pans out because I really don't want to take it all out again!!!!!! Trouble was she had to get to work so I had to fit the seal as it was
Bugger.
AND I'm going to have to buy a new bloody windscreen sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:41 am

the cameravans where out in force due to the British Superbike race at Snetterton.

The worst one i think was on the way home by Red Lodge. He was parked on the london bound side but pointing the wrong direction (must of broke the law to get it in that position Question ), so shooting at traffic Norwich bound!! Evil or Very Mad

Glad to help out Johnnie. Recycling at its best.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 pm

There was a cameravan on the A47 by Postwick yesterday too. I noticed it as I went past in the passenger seat of an RAC van...
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Keith wrote: I noticed it as I went past in the passenger seat of an RAC van...

My spider senses detect the begining of a tale of woe!!!!!!!!!!
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:00 pm

I am currently in my uncles house in central Denmark plugging this in.
I hope to take pics of Danish Mini's on my stay here.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey Guys, sorry didn't make the Birmingham run, managed to get 'The Yetti's' fuel consumption problem sorted by 03.00 sunday morning but then found problems with those pesky vacuum pipes and couldn't get replacements til mid morning...Still it was a bloody good learning curve and I'm now getting approx 220 miles to the tank instead of 120...so bring on the next show!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:54 pm

We did wonder if you got it fixed Phil. Glad to hear you have.

You up for Mini in the Park?
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:10 am

johnnie wrote:
My spider senses detect the begining of a tale of woe!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing too outragous. I was in the, ahem, BMW at the time. It's expansion chamber cracked and emptied it's load of antifreeze on to the Trowse bypass. All fixed now though and I'm £116 lighter.
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2