Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose!

3 posters

Go down

anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose! Empty anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose!

Post by robtheplod Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

This was taken by my son at Waddington Air Show - took us by surprise - I've never seen it before whilst still on the ground!

anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose! DSC01297-1
robtheplod
robtheplod
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose! Empty Re: anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose!

Post by johnnie Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Oops The dye valve has stuck at a guess, or the jockey has caught the trigger on the joy stick. They use the armourment release controls to blow red/white/blue.
we once accidently released a cloud of dye whilst carrying out engine runs at Scampton. Next day an officer turned up with a blue (previously white) rabbit that had been in a run in the garden as the cloud swept through married quarters. He wanted to know names!!!!!! and was far from pleased,
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose! Empty Re: anyone seen this before - Red Arrow Blowing it's nose!

Post by robtheplod Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:46 am

johnnie wrote:.... Next day an officer turned up with a blue (previously white) rabbit that had been in a run in the garden as the cloud swept through married quarters. He wanted to know names!!!!!! and was far from pleased,

lol!
robtheplod
robtheplod
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Its his 1st lesson . and got his left and right mixed up Embarassed
wingnut
wingnut
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:21 pm

For Ray Hannah's last trip we put green dye (stolen from the Frecce Tricolori) into his jet.

We also used to get the occasional purple run if we accidently mixed up the filling valves (DOH!!)

I was on the dye team for my first year, before getting my back seat. I was the front of shop guy who actually connected the valves and listened to the side of the dye tank (converted Aden gun casing) to tell when it was full. The tank would gurgle just before the dye came out of the overflow. The trick was to catch it just before it "beltched".

It was a dicey job and we were always getting covered on the stuff, It would take around three days to get the colour off your skin if you got any on you. I did end up in the medical centre once when the Engineering Flight Sargent got me to stand with my finger up the red dye outlet (like a little Dutch boy) and promptly hit the blue instead. I took about three gallons straight over me. Worked out for the best in the long run as he felt so bad about it, he told me to go home for a week to recover.

i used the dread the shout across a mess room at a strange location "YOU, AIRMAN!!!! HAVE YOU BEEN DYING YOUR FU$%*G HAIR"
here we go again!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I used to have a letter from our Warrent Officer, explaining
that "I did not dye my hair" and that "it was an unavoidable risk of my
job that I spent a certain amount of time either bright red or blue"
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down