Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough

+2
norfolkminis
Ian Nicholls
6 posters

Go down

BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough Empty BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough

Post by Ian Nicholls Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:00 pm

The Hoods, Wingnut and I are planning to go to this event in our Mini's.

http://www.bmcblrally.co.uk/1.html

Anyone is welcome to join us.
If we get some decent numbers we may book a stand.
If not, please yourselves.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough Empty Re: BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough

Post by Ian Nicholls Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Okay, Kimi, Harry and Sam have said they want to come along, so here is the provisional plan.

We rendevous at the Carpenters Arms in East Winch, PE32 1NP at 9.30 am.
We then travel on to Ferry Meadows, Peterborough, PE2 5UU and should arrive around 10.15 am.

If anyone thinks we should have an earlier rendevous, say at the McDonalds at Swaffham, please say so.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough Empty Re: BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough

Post by Ian Nicholls Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:37 pm

The Hoods have agreed to the plan, so 9.30 am at the Carpenters Arms it is.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm

have a good show. me and Johnnie are stuck at work.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Dale Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 am

i would like to have gone but im now stuck at home been a house husband Sad have a good day out
Paul Dale
Paul Dale

Male Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2012-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Project79 Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 pm

I won't be able to make it Ian, sorry
Project79
Project79

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry H Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Really sorry but Kimi and I won't be able to make it either tomorrow.
Hope you have a good day!

Harry H
Harry H
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:23 pm

How come the East Coast Mini club can drum up support to attend local events, and NMOC with an alleged 90 plus members can't ?
Apathy rules OK.
It is not good enough and you all know that to be true.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Project79 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:52 pm

No offence intended in this comment Ian but not everyone can attend every local show, people have other priorities to attend to first, this is more of a auto jumble than a show anyway.
Project79
Project79

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:17 pm

My point is that East Coast Mini's can attend shows, so why can't we ?
In June there was a local show every weekend, my customers and fellow classic owners asked me if we were attending.
Instead we stayed at home.
I quit the chairmanship and the committee back in 2006 because of the apathy permeating NMOC. Back then I was circumspect in not ranting about it. Now the apathy has returned big time. The summer is the time for attending shows, the winter is the time for staying at home. The good weather will be gone in 2 months. Do we take advantage of the sunshine, or do we stay at home.
What is the purpose of NMOC? Why should I try and persuade people to join if we don't do anything?
If the purpose is to communicate on the internet, then the Mini Forum or Minifinity can do that for free.
I feel after 12 years of membership I have a right to voice my frank and blunt opinions and maybe I should have done so in 2006.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Project79 Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Had these local shows been brought to our attention I should imagine that many of the club members would have attended. The problem is that many of us don't hear about these shows as they are poorly advertised.
The purpose of NMOC is to enjoy the company of people who have a common interest, the mini. Whether it be old or new. We all enjoy attending mini shows throughout the year whether they are local or distant, and the local shows that we are informed about, such as wells or the hoveton show. Well if you are informed of any more local shows throughout the next 2 months, bring them up at club meets and on the forum, so the ideas are thrown out there!
Project79
Project79

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:52 pm

I will but I am under no illusions about NMOC attendance.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Dale Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

I think your been a tad unfair on this Ian.. I for one would go to more local shows but as Sam said they are poorly advertised. I need to have my work rotas done a month in advance so i look for all the major shows we attend and make sure im off and free.. Maybe for the next summer season you can compile a list and we can print this in the magazine so we can gain momentum and get the Name of the NMOC firmly out there in the local community.. And we can go from strength to strength and maybe get as big as the east Coast Mini Club..
Paul Dale
Paul Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:12 pm

It is the committees job to organise events. I used to find events in Classic Car Weekly. Also there are show listings on the internet. The world wide web is a source of information, but you have to make the effort in the first place.
Try this site.

http://classicshowsuk.co.uk/index.asp
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Dale Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 pm

dont really do computers but muddle through.. will look at this sight cheers..
Paul Dale
Paul Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 pm

On this point Ian, not being a killjoy, but for the last 2-3 weeks i have for one been doing 16 + hour days, so when it comes to w/ends i just want to chill out / catch up with sleep.Not get up at silly o'clock on the only day off i get to attend shows. Plus there is other things that i have to do. If i was living the single life i would attend more shows, But i have other people to think about.

At the time of writing this I have just got home after leaving my house at 7 am!

Rant over!BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough 563772  No offence implied.lol! BMC/BL Rally & Spares Day 2013 Peterborough 4149

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:10 am

Right lets stop this here shall we.
People will attend the shows they want to. It's not a duty or parade it's a hobby. Nobody is obliged, we all have lives and commitments outside the club that comes first.
I work a lot of weekends, I spent a lot of my spare cash doing IMM, my choice. I like everybody else will get to the shows I can or that interest me.
If people want to do every show under the sun good luck to them. if they just want to turn up for club night and do nothing else thats fine as well. Nobody has the right to judge other peoples ideas on what they give or take from the club. We all pay our subs.
Perhaps you define apathy as turning out for meetings, organising three well attended (and above all fun) club events so far this summer, sorting out getting a good amount of club cars across Europe, sorting out a financial mess we found ourselves in and turning that around and keeping everything on an even keel. I don't! I respect the time and effort the members of the club put in. As an unpaid group of individuals it's a little insulting to suggest that they should be wiping noses and arses by micro managing every weekend for the rest of the members or should be in someway obliged to attend events no matter what their personnal circumstances.
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down