Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little something extra for MiniDay

+7
wingnut
johnnie
Caroline
cambiker71
bry4ns
Ian Nicholls
norfolkminis
11 posters

Go down

A little something extra for MiniDay Empty A little something extra for MiniDay

Post by norfolkminis Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

As 2012 is the 20th anniversary of the NMOC. The committee are proposing to invite a few local classic car clubs along to MiniDay. I'm sure cambs custom classics are up for this.

Any classic show cars upto 1980 will be included into a seperate section within the show field, with a public voted for car of the show trophy will be up for grabs.
This new addition to the show will hopefully increase our traders section aswell.

norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

A little something extra for MiniDay Empty Re: A little something extra for MiniDay

Post by Ian Nicholls Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

I do have a contact for the Broadland MG club if you are interested .
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

A little something extra for MiniDay Empty Re: A little something extra for MiniDay

Post by norfolkminis Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:36 pm

yes please Ian. send me a PM
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by bry4ns Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Sounds good,
bry4ns
bry4ns

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by cambiker71 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 am

norfolkminis wrote:As 2012 is the 20th anniversary of the NMOC. The committee are proposing to invite a few local classic car clubs along to MiniDay. I'm sure cambs custom classics are up for this.

Any classic show cars upto 1980 will be included into a seperate section within the show field, with a public voted for car of the show trophy will be up for grabs.
This new addition to the show will hopefully increase our traders section aswell.

Yes we'll be there, sounds like a great idea, we'd like a mixed club stand area if it can be arranged? I'll let you know numbers when i have them Very Happy

P.S. can we make it up to 1990, makes the classics more accessible and recognisable to younger members, good to keep the classic scene going too!
cambiker71
cambiker71

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I can tell my little 1970 Clubby she has her own special section. She's very excited about coming to meet all the other minis!
Caroline
Caroline

Female Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:33 pm

I'll speak to Graham to see if he can get some Triumphs along
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

agree on the 1990 thing.
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I will have a word with the Norwich Classic Car Club
wingnut
wingnut
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm

I have already suggested to Johnnie that we have a competition for the best Michael Caine impersonator !
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm friends with the Practical Classics lot on facebook, so will see if I can get a few classics from them, and have all contacts with some classic Ford and Triumph owners clubs, so will ask them aswell.
Dan
Dan
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1479
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Ian Nicholls wrote:I have already suggested to Johnnie that we have a competition for the best Michael Caine impersonator !

and not a lotta people know that!!!
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm

A little something extra for MiniDay 283072.th

" We either stand down or blow up . Which do you want ? "
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 pm

There are a quarter of a million Italians in Britain and they'll be made to suffer. Every restaurant, cafe, ice-cream parlor, gambling den and nightclub in London, Liverpool and Glasgow will be smashed.
Mr Bridger will drive them into the sea
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluffin Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Last year I had 3 Minis at Mini day, looks like this year the Angrybox will be attending and one of the Minis might have to stay at home Smile .

bluffin

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 pm

bluffin wrote:looks like this year the Angrybox will be attending Smile .

If only the forum had a 'like' button.. Smile
Dan
Dan
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1479
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

graham says he'll get some triumphs
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Just to let everyone know, Wingnut dug out the very first copy of the NMOC newsletter which revealed that although the club first set up its accounts in 1992 (hence why we thought the club was 20 years old this year), it had actually been running since April 1991. So next month the NMOC comes of age - 21!

A little something extra for MiniDay 933821 A little something extra for MiniDay 933821 A little something extra for MiniDay 933821 A little something extra for MiniDay 933821
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by paul Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:04 pm

So would that be the 2nd of April as that was the first Tuesday of the month !!!!!!!!!!!!!
paul
paul

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Good point Paul, I don't know. Maytbe Wingnut can tell us what day metings were on back then. I'll have a look at the first newsletter again (I have a scan) and see if it says...
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:39 pm

In the 1st newsletter the inorgrial (thats a bloody strange word) meeting was late APRIL ,with the first "proper" meeting on the evening of the 14th may 1991 . ( now over to someone with a computer date thing to give us the day) But I can tell you that I registered my mini on that evening to the NMOC from the BLOODY PARKING TICKIT I got that day Razz
wingnut
wingnut
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by paul Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:36 pm

that be are friday then oh arrrrrrrrrrrr
paul
paul

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down