Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of low down power and spluttering

2 posters

Go down

Lack of low down power and spluttering Empty Lack of low down power and spluttering

Post by gorbad Sat May 28, 2011 9:35 pm

I have been having a few problems with the mini recently, it would start so I replaced the starter relay after bridging it for 2 weeks, then after the rain it ran roughly. I replaced the cap, rotor arm, HT leads and coil (new plugs 2k miles ago and still looking good). It now still has very little low down power and for the past few evenings it has run-on after stopping engine (too advanced ignition).

So my question is; any idea on the low down power loss, has been fine until the rain but new parts didn't fix it? I am going to check the fuel filter and clean the carb out, the fuel/air mixture is spot on.

It does not run the vacuum advance though, it has not since I bought the car and has run fine for the 4 months it has been on the road with me. Has this been seen before?

I did have a run behind an E reg black mini after work this evening and had no hope of closing in on it with my lack of power! (If that was anyone here visiting Tesco around 5:30 today)

gorbad

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Lack of low down power and spluttering Empty Re: Lack of low down power and spluttering

Post by gorbad Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Cause of problem, timing was too retarded, advanced up with a strobe light and re-greased the carb mechanisms, result - I have loads of power now!

gorbad

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Lack of low down power and spluttering Empty Re: Lack of low down power and spluttering

Post by norfolkminis Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 pm

glad you got it sorted.

sorry for the lack of replies, but we were all at fakenham.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down