Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earthquake

2 posters

Go down

Earthquake Empty Earthquake

Post by norfolkminis Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Well did the earth move for you last night???

I was hard at work, oh ok then I was actually watching TV @ 12.55am when the canteen started to wobble. Shocked

Loving some of the quotes on the news websites. "I thought it was the end of the world" and the like.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Earthquake Empty Re: Earthquake

Post by Ian Nicholls Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Well I slept through the allegeded earthquake. I think you all imagined it in a "Life on Mars" type dream !!!
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 am

It woke me up, K thought I had gone mad or something as she missed it. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:46 pm

At 00:54 on Wednesday the 27th February, an earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale hit the UK, causing untold disruption and distress -
Many were woken well before their Giro arrived.
Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costas were damaged.
Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in the UK
One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-seven said:
"It was such a shock, little Chantal-Britney came running into my bedroom crying.
My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Jeremy Kyle the next morning."
Apparently though, begging, thieving, and grovelling did carry on as normal.
The British Red Cross have so far managed to import 4000 crates of Sunny Delight , to help the stricken masses.
Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
£2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four.
£10 can take a family to Stockport for the day, where children can play on an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of stinging nettles.
22p buys a Biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim
PLEASE ACT NOW
Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!
Dont worry, we bank with a reputable UK bank ( Northern Rock ) so you know your money is in safe hands.
If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection points available at your local branches of Argos, Iceland and Clinton Cards.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: