Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slight problem

3 posters

Go down

slight problem Empty slight problem

Post by Adam Stagg Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:58 am

has anybody come across this before?

my mini was chugging and backfiring quite a lot and kept cutting out on me, i changed the carb needle today as i believed it may be that. the one which came out was the incorrect one for the carb. it now does not backfire but is still chugging and trying to cut out. when taken for a 10 mile run, i got out and left it on idle and it was 20 seconds before it eventially cut out, chugging on idle. as if the choke needed to be out scratch . im thinking of taking it to a rolling road and getting a tune on it and see if that helps. its as if its not mixing right. if i took it to say APT on the fakenham road or somewhere like that would anybody like to have a rolling road day and have all the members cars go and make a day of it.

any help much appreciated
Adam.
Adam Stagg
Adam Stagg

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

slight problem Empty Re: slight problem

Post by johnnie Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:40 am

Sounds sort of electrical to me?
Have you tried all the usual suspects?
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Have you checked that the choke connection is still attacted to the carb???

Sounds like it could also be the timing/points/condenser!!!

Did you start it up like that?? or have you recently changed parts??
Woody
Woody

Male Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Stagg Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:51 pm

what it was i recently purchased the vehicle in early december, havent really driven it much due to having my other one. and it was fine for a few weeks then suddenly i was on my way to dsn classics in attleborough to buy some new parts , one of which being a choke cable, and on the A11 comeing up to wymondham i was driving along fine and it started holding back and was suddenly getting slower and slower and i pulled off and it cut out on the slip road. got it started and thinking it may be low on fuel and have ran out i filled up but only £5 went in so i nursed it home and its been the same since. after this i have replaced the carb needle like explained in the first thread i took it for a drive today and its not as bad but still after even a long drive when it should be warm it just cuts out as if it needs the choke out. (the choke cable snapped in my hand the first day i bought the car as i didnt know it was a pull and twist so its constantly in). i was going to fit the new choke cable i bought and see how it progresses. but its as if its not mixing right so i will definately check the points and have a look at the timing.

thanks for your advice.
Adam Stagg
Adam Stagg

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down