Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restoration/bodywork advice and help.

2 posters

Go down

Restoration/bodywork advice and help.  Empty Restoration/bodywork advice and help.

Post by adiwalder Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi, my name is Adi I have a 1988 mini mayfair (cooper wannabe) that it was my intention to work on over the couple of years I have had it. Unfortunately, due to ill health and redundancy that never came to pass. I am looking for someone to undertake some work for me next year. It need various things doing, mainly bodywork, sills, panels etc. I am not that well off and I am hoping there is a real enthusiast out there willing to do the work at less than garage prices. I know this is a bit cheeky but I don't want my car to deteriate anymore and dissapear into the realms of scrap! I wont be able to have the work started til January. If anyone is interested in helping out a mini lover then please please get in touch.

kind regards to you all

Adi

adiwalder

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Restoration/bodywork advice and help.  Empty Re: Restoration/bodywork advice and help.

Post by Keith Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi Adi, welcome to the forum.

As for your request for help, you might be lucky enough to get some offers of help from some of the members with oilier hands than me but I wouldn't hold your breath. As I'm sure you know, Minis are a constant restoration job to one degree or another and most of our members are constantly tinkering with theirs and probably don't have the spare time to tinker with someone else's. Sorry I can't be more positive.

Why not come along to some of our meetings and maybe join up, get to know some of us and maybe offer some beer or food in exchange for some help - alcohol always helps oil the wheels as it were! I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice if nothing else!

We've got a meeting tonight as it happens - 8pm at the Cottage PH (the function room) in Thorpe St Andrew.
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Restoration/bodywork advice and help.  Empty Re: Restoration/bodywork advice and help.

Post by adiwalder Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi, thanks for the response. I will come down to one of your meetings at some point for sure. With regards to the help, I would be willing to pay someone of course. Or if anyone could recommend a good mini garage to go to that would also help.

adiwalder

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down