Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected surprise!!

4 posters

Go down

Unexpected surprise!! Empty Unexpected surprise!!

Post by Harry H Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Had an amazing surprise today! Smile

Was happily working away today when someone came into the warehouse and asked if I owned the red mini that was parked outside the other day, so I said yes and he said he had something that might interest me and he was only a couple of units down from us. so I followed him down and he had 2 huge boxes sat on the floor full to the top with folders. He explained that he had been interested in the history of the mini and especially the works minis and he had created this collection over years and years of research. He just wanted to get rid of it and said he wanted it to go to someone who has an interest in the cars. So I thanked him and dragged the boxes back to the car and didn't think of it much until I got home. I started looking at what was in the boxes and this is a collection like I have never seen before! It has a folder on every single works mini built detailing what it had done, articles on rallies and where they are now with lots of photos of each to go with it. there are also folders of the entire history of the mini with articles throughout the years and lots of photos from shows. There was even a collection of about 300 new mini postcards dating back to the 70s!

I'm so happy and so amazed that someone would be so kind to let me have all this for nothing, he was such a nice guy and obviously had a great love for a great car! I have lots of reading to do and I'm going to keep it all very safe as it contains some amazing info!

I will try and bring it along at the next meet as I'm sure people might like to have a look through! I have about 5 folders just on mini models for the collectors out there Razz

So all in all its been quite a good day! Very Happy Very Happy

Unexpected surprise!! DSC06821

Harry H
Harry H
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Unexpected surprise!! Empty Re: Unexpected surprise!!

Post by johnnie Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Thats some result Harry
Look after that stuff
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mr t Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Lucky bugger
i would give the man a nice bottle of something
mr t
mr t
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Lucky sod.. Smile
Dan
Dan
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1479
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down