Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't upset Hilux drivers

4 posters

Go down

Don't upset Hilux drivers Empty Don't upset Hilux drivers

Post by Keith Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Friend at work sent me this which happened in Norwich this week:

Was at the rugby club with the boys on Sunday morning. Car park was chocca, because there was a visiting team, so I double-parked along with lots of others. I boxed a Toyota HiLux in (one of those things that Top Gear couldn't destroy). I took the boys onto the pitch and soon saw that they opened the on-grass parking. So returned to the car to move it, but it was too late. I had only been gone 15mins.

The HiLux owner had come out of the adjoining Gym gone into the Rugby Club to try to find me or the other car owner who also had him boxed in, but couldn't.

He then rammed my car several times until he got out. Luckily, it was witnessed by others. The police refused to come out thinking it had been a minor wing-mirror scuff, until I turned up at the station with the photos.

I also had his reg no, name and address. So they made a visit and arrested him for criminal damage. Remanded to appear in court in mid-Jan.

Now tooling around in a brand new Galaxy courtesy of his insurance (hopefully).

Everyone was gob-smacked that somebody could lose their rag that quickly to do that.

Car was written off last week, and I'll be getting £500 more than I paid for it in Feb!!! Yey! Good times!

Don't upset Hilux drivers AM6
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Don't upset Hilux drivers Empty Re: Don't upset Hilux drivers

Post by mr t Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:21 pm

thats mental lucky people saw what happened
sounds like its turned out well for the owner in the end
just as well the guy with the hilux couldnt find the driver because if he did that to his car imagine what he would have done to his face
mr t
mr t
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by robtheplod Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm

not surprised. people i know who drive those things do think they own the road and live in a bubble. What do you fancy getting with the payout??
robtheplod
robtheplod
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 am

I was speaking to a chap at work tonight who teaches the mini rubgy at the club.

Apparently the chap with the Hilux is a know nutcase whos on steriods and the like. He is also wanting to move to New Zeland and apparently has offered to buy a new mpv rather than be charged. As once convicted he has no chance of emigrating.
norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down