Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tis my real name Honnest..

Go down

Tis my real name Honnest.. Empty Tis my real name Honnest..

Post by SteveMorris_uk Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:27 am

Hi all, thank you for letting me join your group of wonderful mini owners, I have not really ever joined a club before, although I have had 30 odd mini's in my time and lost contact with the mini world, but my missus for my 50th birthday, has bought me one to restore, which was a total surprise, I really think she wants me out of the house to be honest!!!! as everyone names their pride and joy and I am no different ( although mine is in a state of repair ) MAURISS the Mini Minor will be restored to his former glory eventually, anyway, I will stop waffling on I live in Potter Heigham at the moment, moving to the city of Norwich in the very very near future, so I will be looking forward to meeting people in the club maybe.....thanks again
Steve Morris The NOOB cheers 10.02.2013
SteveMorris_uk
SteveMorris_uk

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-10-02

Back to top Go down

Tis my real name Honnest.. Empty Re: Tis my real name Honnest..

Post by Keith Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out in the restoration stakes, if you become a paid up member of the club you can get lots of discounts at Mini parts suppliers (eg. DSN at Attleborough) which could help you.

Anyway, we look forward to meeting you one day - we meet on the first Tuesday of the month at The Cottage PH in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich. October's meeting was last night, it's a pity you weren't there as we had our annual 'Mini bits and bobs auction' where you might have picked up some parts at bargain prices!
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveMorris_uk Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Keith
If you give me link or tell me where to go, I will sure become paid member, yes it sure looks like I have my work cut out for me big style, but the good thing is , its not that bad really lol, but when I get back to UK ( in Iraq at the mo ) I will take some photos of Mauriss and post them as I go along and the strip and re-build, if anyone would be interested, maybe they can give me some hints and tips, I have a spot welder, tig welder and mig welder going to try and spot it to original specs, just now looking into powder coating guns and stuff so can offer either to lend or do small stuff for people when I am about that is lol, , just fyi, I don't know if anyone is interested also, I have a diagnostics machine ( hand held ) its nothing special just that it can read ecu faults and inform, and reset stuff, and if any of the members with the new Mini's have probs and would like them diagnosed for free, I can do it, must be 2002 on though, anyway..thanks again...
SteveMorris_uk
SteveMorris_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:27 pm

You can fill in a membership form on our main site here, unfortunately we don't have the ability to take card or PayPal payments (yet) so it's just cash at a meeting or cheque by post.

Hope to meet you and Mauriss soon.
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkminis Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Always nice to know of someone with about someone with the tools you mention. 1 fairly new member was only on about spot welders this weekend.

One of the last shows of the year is MiniFair 2 I believe its around ~October 21st in Warwickshire, I believe there could be couple of members going up there for parts to keep them busy over the winter.

Craig

Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveMorris_uk Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks guys, most helpful, will be ages before I get Mauriss up and running but will post pics when I can,FYI just another addition to my collection of very useful tools, powder coating gun I am always able to help where I can small parts though...anyway thanks again guys for the info.
SteveMorris_uk
SteveMorris_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down