Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help

3 posters

Go down

In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help Empty In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help

Post by Harry H Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi everyone, happy christmas eve Smile

I'm now back for my christmas break until the 9th of Jan and I desperately need to get the subframe back on my mini, I was silly enough to take it apart to paint and re bush it but havent got a clue how to re construct it and don't have the tools needed to do it properly so I'm asking a huge favour and hoping someone might be able to come and give me a hand in getting it back together again. I really want to have it running again for next year but if I try and do it myself it will probably drop off half way through a run Razz

I have all the new bolts, bushes and bits to go on, I snapped half the bolts on the subframe itself but have had them drilled and tapped ready for new ones so it should be pretty straight forward...I hope!

I'm at home the whole time so if anyone has any free time that would be great.

I will supply lots of tea/alcohol/food/chocolate/cake.

See you all at the next meeting Smile

Harry
Harry H
Harry H
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help Empty Re: In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help

Post by Harry H Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Happy new year everyone Smile

I roped in Kim to help me with the subframe and we had a real struggle getting the radius arms back on properly before realising that it wasn't as simple as it appeared!

As I don't want to die driving the Mini I would be so grateful if someone could spare an afternoon sometime in the next week (because I head back oop north on Sunday) and as per previous post I will provide lots of nice treats! Smile Smile
Harry H
Harry H
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help Empty Re: In need of help...not the mental kind...mini help

Post by Caroline Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Harry

Mark has this week off and while he's not a mechanic he did the rear subframe on his italian job. If you need his help get in touch with us by facebook or see you at the meeting.
Caroline
Caroline
Caroline

Female Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I'd happily pop over Harry but can't at the moment.
When are you next back in Norfolk
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down