Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre- '85 brake drums

Go down

pre- '85 brake drums Empty pre- '85 brake drums

Post by hidunc Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi, I've snuck in under the radar as a Reliant owner - four-wheeled Foxes, like the Kitten. Some of you probably know me from the ANCC days! Fox brakes are largely Mini, but the drums are different, now scarce. I'd like to compare a Mini drum, as they seem very similar, to find out what would need doing in order to fit a Fox [or Kitten]. Our register would then be looking to buy a batch, say 20, for machining as necessary.
I live in North Norwich and would like to borrow a standard drum GDB106 or I can bring front hub & backplate to you.
Help greatly appreciated,
Duncan

hidunc

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

pre- '85 brake drums Empty Re: pre- '85 brake drums

Post by wingnut Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:16 pm

I can tell yar the stud patten is slightly different ... I have had a puncher and tryed to put a religint wheel on a 1970s mini hub . we had to manualy ream out the holes on the wheel , actulaly i hammered a 12in drive extension bar into the stud holes and that got us mobile .... soz no bits .
wingnut
wingnut
Mini Mad

Male Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I have got a front subframe with drum brakes all built up on it.

I live in swaffham you are more than welcome to come and have a look, or i could bring it to club night on tuesday if its any help to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by hidunc Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Studdy snr wrote:I have got a front subframe with drum brakes all built up on it.

I live in swaffham you are more than welcome to come and have a look, or i could bring it to club night on tuesday if its any help to you.

Really sorry about delay and thanks for response. Done my back in so no driving or even walking for time being. Very interesed in the offer, but will have to catch up - maybe 1st Tuesday October meet!
Dunc

hidunc

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down