Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me Please!!! :) plus a personal story :)

3 posters

Go down

Help me Please!!! :) plus a  personal story :) Empty Help me Please!!! :) plus a personal story :)

Post by Shrimpy Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since my last post. since i last spoke to everyone my mini has had a very expensive, and traumatic time. about three weeks ago i was driving along the main road and my wheel started to knock, before i could pull over the wheel flew off and i went along the road on the disc. i tired to correct it like i would on the track and luckily no cars were around me but the car could only be stopped by putting on the hand brake and stuffing it into the verge.

The point of this story is it was expensive to fix all the bodywork and the brakes and the shocks and suspension and steering rack, but mainly, BUY THE ROUNDED WHEEL NUTS. the reason it happened was because the last owner had put steel wheel nuts on with no rounding on so they ate into the aluminum wheels. so just thought i would share my lesson learnt.

But my main question is, I want to put some halogen conversion headlamps on. i wanted to know and whether they will use more power plus if i put them aswell as two 12v 55w spot lamps will i need a new alternator and bigger battery. i only have the standard battery and alternator.

Cheers everybody Smile

p.s. will have some pics uploaded soon for people to judge what i have done with the car since i got it, some nice comparison shots. please keep a look out,

cheers everyone Smile
Shrimpy
Shrimpy

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Help me Please!!! :) plus a  personal story :) Empty Re: Help me Please!!! :) plus a personal story :)

Post by Alex H Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Aww thats a shame about the damage Sad

However on the plus side I have recently fitted a halogen conversion to my 1987 mini and I also have 4 spotlamps. I haven't got any problems to report from my car and I have had them all on main beam before for over an hour while driving and no flat battery Smile As far as i'm aware the alternator is completely standard the only thing i have different is a slightly larger battery, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as the alternator is ok.
Alex H
Alex H

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Help me Please!!! :) plus a  personal story :) Empty Re: Help me Please!!! :) plus a personal story :)

Post by mr t Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Sorry to hear that mate all sorted now
small spots will be fine but the big ones will cause a drain
mr t
mr t
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down