Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOCKED THREAD

2 posters

Go down

LOCKED THREAD Empty LOCKED THREAD

Post by Ian Nicholls Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:08 pm

The decision to lock the thread on the 'BMC/BL Peterborough' show is anti-democratic.
Just because the committee don't like what I am saying should not mean I have no right to express my opinions.
This should be a free forum and I have deliberately refrained from personal insults and bad language, which in my view should be the only reasons to lock a thread.
Shame on you.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

LOCKED THREAD Empty Re: LOCKED THREAD

Post by norfolkminis Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 pm

There is a time and place to express you opinions. and it isn't on the BMC event thread. You have said your piece and the chairperson has replied to the matter on that thread.
I don't want it snowballing. Hence why I have locked it. (I spend a lot of my FREE time keeping the forum clean and stopping spammers etc)

And for the record Ian. I have just done a 75hr week of nightshifts with 1 night off and I am now back at work working every weekend of August (hence why I'm not attending BMC and some of the other local shows)

I'm willing to discuss this further on Tuesday if you so wish (yes I can make a meeting all be it finishing work at 6am Tuesday)

norfolkminis
norfolkminis
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2007-09-24

http://classic cooper sport. Focus RS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Nicholls Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:13 pm

All I ask is that the committee addresses the reason for the apathy, simply shutting me up won't make it go away.
I appreciate the hard work you are all putting in and I am not demeaning you.
But the East Anglian Job is a case in point. The organisation was superb, but it deserved better than a meagre 25 cars out of a 90 plus membership. How can we sell the event to outsiders if at least two thirds of NMOC can't be asked to turn up?
It is not as if the event was not well publicised, it was signposted months in advance.
Apathy is the main issue confronting NMOC in 2013, just as in 2006, and it needs to be addressed.
The problem is, as in 2006, I don't have the answer.
I have now said my piece, I hope the committee will find time to discuss the points I have raised.
Ian Nicholls
Ian Nicholls
Mini Addict

Male Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down