Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-1960 = no MOT

2 posters

Go down

Pre-1960 = no MOT Empty Pre-1960 = no MOT

Post by Keith Mon May 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Good news for anyone on the '59 register:

Pre-1960 cars to be made exempt from MOT
Keith
Keith
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Pre-1960 = no MOT Empty Re: Pre-1960 = no MOT

Post by johnnie Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I think its a bad thing.
Insurance companies are going to react to this and it could perversely make selling the cars harder. It's fine if you're not getting your car MOTed but would you be happy to buy one that hadn't been independantly annually checked and drive it way?

I should hope theres a voluntery scheme available so you can prove to insurance companies and buyers that the car is as least as safe as a newer model that still requires checking.

I know MOT is a pain in the *rse but this could be a case of be carefull what you wish for.
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnie Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Fresh from deciding that cars built before 1960 will be exempt from the MOT test, the government has revealed details of a radical new scheme to leave criminals who have been in prison for more than 20 years completely unguarded.

‘People who have been locked up for more than two decades tend to be settled into a regular prison routine and don’t think about escaping,’ said Minister for Just Saying Things & Thinking About The Consequences Later, Phil Titt. ‘Statistics show that someone who has been in prison for 20 years will have committed an average of zero crimes during that period which makes them amongst the most law abiding people in the country. With that in mind, we are going to leave these people completely unsupervised and we will prop open the doors of the prisons to save the guards having to go around locking and unlocking them all the time.’

Mr Titt was later asked if removing guards and leaving doors open would not make it easy for dangerous prisoners who had not served 20 years of their terms to escape. ‘Ah… sh*t.’ he said before leaping into a completely road legal 1958 Humber Super Snipe and speeding off only to plough through a bus queue after discovering that it had no brakes.
johnnie
johnnie
I'm special I am.

Male Number of posts : 1872
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down