Norfolk Mini Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking from the flywheel???

2 posters

Go down

Smoking from the flywheel??? Empty Smoking from the flywheel???

Post by Agent-Baz Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Ok so started up the mini and moved it forwards and back a couple of times and apart from the clutch being very tempremental and need to to be shoved as hard as you can to get it to smoothly change gear and needing a fair few revs to get it moving i also discovered when i was trying to get it up some ramps which was impossible as it didnt have enough power i saw aload of smoke coming up from the engine bar and saw that it was coming out of the flywheel housing it looks like theres some holes around which have a thread in them theres about too thati could see and smoke was pouring out of both! Is this just because it hasnt been used for a while or something more serious and i was pushing the revs to get it moving and the engine bay was giving out a fair bit of heat. the temp guage said it was below half way though so it may just be me...can anyone help me find out the problem and advise me and what i can do to fix it?
Agent-Baz
Agent-Baz

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Smoking from the flywheel??? Empty Re: Smoking from the flywheel???

Post by Woody Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Sounds like you've slipped the clutch to much whilst getting on the ramps (should be fine when it cools).... from what your saying about the holes, it sounds like some one has drilled the housing to get better cooling... the clutch being tempremental could be a number of things like knacked master or slave cylinder or could be the clutch plate... hard to say...
Woody
Woody

Male Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent-Baz Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 pm

and a look through the haynes manual and looks like the holes are actually factory formed, in one picture il looks like the coil has been bolted into one of them. I let it cool and tried starting it and now it wont even start the powers gong through as all the lights and such are working and the batterys full as it was charging all last night, but do to the rubbish weather i wasnt able to look under the bonnet to test the ignition power etc. whats the best way to determin the fault with the clutch??? its not the most important at the moment as i should be stripping the engine bay with a friend soon to fix it up but i figured it would be best to know of any faults before hand
Agent-Baz
Agent-Baz

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum